5. To recite the Ziarat of Imam Hussain (AS). According to Hadis, during Night of Qadr an angel proclaims from the Arsh (Throne) on the Seventh sky, "Allah the Benevolent forgives him, whosoever performs the Ziarat of the grave of Imam-e-Hussain (AS)."
6. Recite Duas Joshn e kabir & Joshn e Saghir.
7. To offer 100 Raq'ats of Namaz. It has been highly recommended. It is better to recite (after Surat-al-Hamd) 10 times the Surat-al-Tawhid/ Sure Ikhlaas (Qul howallah).
8. Pray for others - Think of the many people all over the world who are in great difficulty & pray for them .
9. Give/Arrange for Sadqa/Charity tonight & keep oneself awake throughout these three nights. The vigil during these nights carries great Sawab (heavenly reward). Dozing even for a short while ,may make one lose this great benefit
10. Recite Dua Nudba & Remember Imam e Zamana (atfs) much throughout the night & recite Dua for Imam atfs
11. Recite the 15 Whispered prayers from Sahifa Sajjadia
12. Reading some Fiqh rules is highly recommended
13.Recite Salaat of Jafar e Tayyar & Tahajjud Salaat at the end of the night
14. Al-Kaf`amiy has narrated that Imam Zayn al-Abiden (a.s) used to say this supplication very frequently at the Qadr Nights while sitting, standing, genuflecting, and prostrating
اللّهُمّ إِنّي أَمْسَيْتُ لَكَ عَبْداً دَاخِراً
alluhumma inni amsaytu laka `abdan dakhiran
O Allah: surely, I am at this evening Your passive slave;
لا أَمْلِكُ لِنَفْسِي نَفْعاً وَلا ضَرّاً
lu amliku linafsy naf`an wa lu ¤arran
I have no control of hurt or good to myself,
وَلا أَصْرِفُ عَنْهَا سُوءً،
wa lu asrifu `anhu su‘an
And I cannot drive back any evil from myself,
أَشْهَدُ بِذلِكَ عَلَى نَفْسِي،
ash-hadu bidhalika `alu nafse
I testify to so against myself,
وَأَعْتَرِفُ لَكَ بِضَعْفِ قُوّتِي،
wa a`tarifu laka bi¤a`fi quwwate
And to You do I confess of my powerlessness
wa qillati helate
And my feebleness
فَصَلّ عَلَى مُحَمّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمّدٍ
fasall `alu muhammadin wa uli muhammadin
So, (please do) send blessings upon Muhammad and the Household of Muhammad,
وَأَنْجِزْ لِي مَا وَعَدْتَنِي
wa anjiz le mu wa`adtany
And fulfill that of which You have promised me,
وَجَمِيعَ المُؤْمِنِينَ وَالمُؤْمِنَاتِ
wa jame`a almu´minena wal-mu´minuti
As well as all the believing men and women,
مِنَ المَغْفِرَةِ فِي هذِهِ اللّيْلَةِ،
mina almaghfirati fe hadhihi allaylati
That is Your forgiveness at this night.
وَأَتْمِمْ عَلَيّ مَا آتَيْتَنِي
wa atmim `alayya mu utaytany
And accomplish that which You have conferred upon me,
فَإِنّي عَبْدُكَ المِسكِينُ المُسْتَكِينُ
fa’inne `abduka almiskenu almustakenu
For I am Your slave—the poor, the humble,
الضّعِيفُ الفَقِيرُ المَهِينُ.
aldha`efu alfaqeru almahenu
The weak, the needy, the humiliated.
اللّهُمّ لا تَجْعَلْنِي نَاسِياً لِذِكْرِكَ فِيمَا أَوْلَيْتَنِي،
alluhumma lu taj`alny nusiyan lidhikrika femu awlaytane
O Allah: (please) do not make me negligent of the mention of You as regards that which You have bestowed upon me,
وَلا غَافِلاً لإحْسَانِكَ فِيمَا أَعْطَيْتَنِي،
wa lu ghufilan liihsunika femu a`taytane
And do not make me inadvertent to Your favors to me as regards that which You have given me,
وَلا آيِساً مِنْ إِجَابَتِكَ وَإِنْ أَبْطَأَتْ عَنّي
wa lu uyisan min ijubatika wa in abtat `anne
And do not make me despair of Your responding to me, even if such response is postponed,
فِي سَرَّاءَ أَوْ ضَرَّاءَ
fe sarru‘a awdharru‘a
Whether I be in prosperity or adversity
أَوْ شِدّةٍ أَوْ رَخَاءٍ
aw shiddatin aw rakhu‘in
Or hardship or comfort
أَوْ عَافِيَةٍ أَوْ بَلاءٍ
aw `ufiyatin aw balu‘in
Or well-being or ordeal,
أَوْ بُؤْسٍ أَوْ نَعْمَاءَ
aw bu´sin aw na`mu‘a
Or misery or bliss
إِنّكَ سَمِيعُ الدّعَاءِ.
innaka same`u alddu`u‘i
Verily, You are the Hearer of prayers.
Alternate Translation :
I have passed the evening as a very humble servant of Thee. I have no control over the gains and losses for my person. I cannot remove any evil from myself. I depose against my conscience. I admit my weakness and inability of managing my affairs. Bestow Tine blessings on Mohammad (S.A.W.) and his Aal (AS).
Whatever Thou hast given me or promised, fulfill that. Verily! I am Tine humble, weak and destitute servant. O Allah! Let me not forget the blessings that Thou hast bestowed on me, and let me not be forgetful about Tine kindness. Do not deny me Tine acceptance though it may be delayed, may it pertain to sorrow or happiness, and may it be connected with peace and tranquility or hardship and vicissitudes or pertaining to blessings.
Thou hearse and accepts invocations in every condition.